The Cinema Audio Society opened submissions today for the CAS Awards in the following categories: Motion Pictures-Live Action, Motion Pictures-Animated, Motion Pictures-Documentary, Non-Theatrical Television Movie or Limited Series, Television Series-One Hour, Television Series-Half-Hour, Television Non-Fiction, Variety, or Music -Series or Specials original programming. Also submissions for Outstanding Product (Production or Post-Production).
Awards information here: https://cinemaaudiosociety.org/57th-cas-awards/
Submission forms here: https://cinemaaudiosociety.org/57th-cas-awards-submissions/
Please note the following change to the rules: Serial Short-Form content: Series whose episodes are 15 minutes or less in length may submit (all episodes as a complete show) in the “Non-Theatrical Motion Pictures or Limited Series” category as a Non-Theatrical Motion Picture.
The timeline is as follows:
· Entry Submissions due Online by 5:00 pm PT. Tuesday, January 19, 2021
· Nomination Ballot Voting Begins Online– Thursday, February 11, 2021
· Nomination Ballot Voting Ends Online– 5:00 PT. Wednesday, February 24, 2021
· Final Nominees in each category announced Tuesday, March 2, 2021
· Final Voting Begins Online—Thursday, March 25, 2021
· Final Voting Ends Online– 5:00 pm PT, Tuesday, April 6, 2021
57th Annual CAS Awards Saturday, April 17, 2021, Los Angeles, California
The CAS Career Achievement Award recipient will be Production Sound Mixer, William B. Kaplan CAS. And the CAS Filmmaker Honoree will be announced at a later date.